Wednesday 26 September 2007

Personal gaming experience

I first got in to gaming when I was very young, about 8 years old. My Dad owned an Atari console and introduced me to it. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it but don't remember much about it. After this he bought me my first own console, this was a Sega Megadrive. I had many games for my mega drive but it soon got out of date. Next i got a Nintendo 64 followed by a Nintendo Gamecube, a PS2 and finally my xbox 360 which i own currently.

My favourite way to play my Xbox 360 at the moment is to have about four mates over, each owning an Xbox 360 and a copy of a certain game, this most often was Halo 2 or Ghost Recon, and also a TV. We would then System link our Xbox 360's using a hub order a pizza and get a crate of beer and play co-op games. I also enjoy playing World of Warcraft online, i have a few friends that also play this so i play online with them, but i also have made many new friends through the game.

My ideal game would be a mix between Halo 2 or 3, World of Warcraft and Grand Theft Auto. I enjoy the gameplay of Halo, such as the movement, the aiming and the levels. I'd like this to be mixed with the free-roaming abilities of GTA and the sociable MMO side of World of Warcraft.

I approximately spend 20 hours a week playing games although i used to spean a lot more. When i was off college for summer holidays i spent a lot of time playing Wow and i have a total of about 1184 played hours on WoW. When i was playing seriously i would do about 40 hours a week. Since i have come to university however it has dramtically dropped too 0 hours per week on all games. Although i expect it to be increasing again since i bought Halo 3 today and have done about 2 hours on it so far.

I spend about 60% of my gaming time online on WoW, CSS and Black Hawk Down. Aproximately 20% of my game time is spent with my friends playing Xbox 360, usually system link or multiplayer games and a further 20% is spent playing alone.

Before i came to university i would nearly alkways choose to go out instead of play games but i did occasionally stay in if my guild needed me to help them on WoW or if it was too much effort to get to the place or not something i would enjoy. Since i have been at university though i have always chosen to go out and never stayed in to play games instead.

I currently own an Xbox 360 with mainly FPS and driving games. I find that rpg games don't play as well on consoles as they do on PC so i always get good rpg's on thge PC if possible. I also own a nintendo DS but the only game i have for that is pokemon, and a PC which i only have FPS and RPG games for.

No comments: